Thursday, August 04, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My name's Andy Young and I'm a hammered dulcimer player in Chicago. I mostly play Traditional Irish and Quebecois music. I also perform on Irish flute, tin whistle, and guitar/vocal. You can check out my music website at www.andyyoungmusic.com.

I have a couple goals for this blog. One is to keep friends and folk music fans abreast on my comings and goings, musically speaking. The other is to offer a place to share some of my knowledge about playing the hammered dulcimer to other players. I certainly don't claim to be the end all player, but in the spirit of the digital-aural tradition I thought it would be a good thing to pass on what I've learned.

I also kind of hope this becomes a place for me to receive some feedback on performances and generate interesting dialogue about traditional music, the hammered dulcimer and other things.

Thanks for stopping by.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 7:19 PM, Blogger the fiddlin' fool said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

 
At 8/17/2005 8:20 AM, Blogger dulcimist said...

Hi Marcy,
Glad you found me. Yeah, this blog is sort of an experiment. I like the idea of an easy way to post follow up stuff after gigs, news, etc. We'll see how it takes off. Thanks for stopping by.

-Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home