Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Recent Gigs

Hey folks,

It's been a busy few weeks here, so I haven't had much time to update things. I do want to take a minute to say thanks to a few folks. A couple weeks ago I played at the West End Art Fair in downtown LaGrange, Il. It was a really enjoyable weekend. I met lots of really nice folks, made some new friendships, and just had a good time. I want to say thanks to Sharon, at Someplace Else Coffeehouse, also in LaGrange. She's the one who passed my name on to the folks at the art fair. Sharon's a wonderful person and advocate for local folk music. If you get the chance, check out her website and make it to a concert at Someplace Else, it's sure to be an enjoyable evening.

Secondly, I want to say thanks to Rick at The Thomas Ford Library in Western Springs, IL. I played there last week for their "Fridays at the Ford" concert series and, again, had a wonderful time. I love finding those 'hidden gem' venues, and The Ford is just such a place. They only have five concerts a year, but mark your calendar for November 11th, Mark Dvorak will be playing there. If Rick sends me pictures from the evening I'll post some here.

Well, that's all for now. I think my lunch is ready!! More soon. Thanks for stopping by and please keep in touch. If you were at any recent gigs, let me know, I'd love to hear from you.

-Andy

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger ricklibrarian said...

Andy,

I tried to email the photos to you, but I must have an old email address as they came back to me. Contact me and I will get them to you. In the meantime, you can see one of them posted at www.fordlibrary.org and ricklibrarian.blogspot.com now. I posted several at www.flickr.com/photos/ricklibrarian

 
At 9/25/2005 9:02 PM, Blogger dulcimist said...

Hi Rick,

I'm glad you found me here. I look forward to the pictures. Thanks, - Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home